Chloe Ellis, we miss you. Sure, I’m writing while you’re at the only meet-the-candidates event you’ve participated in in New Westminster, but you’ve skipped every other one (including the two that I went to), you didn’t answer the local paper’s questions, and even worse, you didn’t answer my questions. Egregious!
But we all know you’re busy. You haven’t said what you’re busy doing when you’re too busy to meet with people you’d like to vote for you, so that’s up for speculation.
So let’s speculate! Here are the reasons I thought up that would make you too busy to show up to meet your voters:
- Skydiving to deliver the game ball for the Hyacks Football homecoming game.
- Lobbying the Competition Bureau so New Westminster finally gets a Save-On-Foods. (HEY SHUT UP THIS JOKE NEVER GETS OLD)
- Recording another music video.
- You refuse to answer anybody who doesn’t put the acute accent into Chloé Ellis.
- Lining up for a sweet new iPhone 6s Plus.
- Reading over the Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal, but sorry, she’s unable to tell anybody about it.
- Conspiring with all the other Conservative no-shows in planning a massive victory party for Stephen Harper.
- Lining up for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Trying to hack the polls to make the Conservatives look better.
- Scouring the local thrift shops to find a red trenchcoat for that perfect Halloween costume.