There’s a municipal election coming up in New Westminster, and you know what that means! That’s right, stupid questions! This time around I was having a tough time thinking up good stupid questions, so I did what anybody would do when they’re looking for stupidity: I reached out to Reddit, specifically the /r/NewWest subreddit. And let me tell you, they didn’t disappoint with the stupid questions! Let’s go!
- Given the amount of press Vancouver’s Stanley Park received when it had a bunch of coyotes roaming around it, do you support introducing more coyotes into New Westminster’s parks, potentially entering a Tourism / Parks partnership for tourist-coyote meet-and-greet programs?
- Improving connections between Queensborough and mainland New Westminster is important. Will you commit to exploring new options such as draining the Fraser, installing catapults (free branding advice: name them “Qatapults”, you’re welcome), or advocating for a gondola like stupid Burnaby is getting?
- Speaking of stupid Burnaby, one of the darkest chapters in New Westminster’s history was when south Burnaby claimed independence and separated from New Westminster. As a result, New West lost nearly half of its land area and tax base. To what lengths are you willing to go to in order to take our land back and bring New Westminster back to its former glory?
- What is your favourite bubble tea shop and flavour?
- Do you support hosting a local version of Burning Man in New West, culminating in the burning of a derelict building?
- What is your favourite neighbourhood and why is it (still) Brow of the Hill?
- With New Westminster’s hills, and winters having longer cold spells, what is your position on improving transportation options between Downtown and Uptown by installing rope towlines on 6th, 8th, and 10th Streets between Carnarvon and 4th Ave during the winter months?
- When will you bring metal to the Anvil Centre theatre?
Stay tuned for the answers!