I came up with a list of questions to ask New Westminster council and mayoral candidates for the 2022 municipal election, and Danielle Connelly asked:
And because this was a school assignment, I pushed it off and pushed it off and now here they are at the last possible minute!
- With NWSS finally built and opened, what school do you see the province neglecting to tear down and replace for the next fifty years?
- Council will soon be introducing coyotes to New West parks in what many are calling a misguided effort to boost tourism. Okay, it was all my idea, they’re not actually doing that. But if they do, what do you feel is the optimal coyote-student ratio for our school grounds?
- With a 50% success rate on names for new schools built in the past few years (hits: Qayqayt, Skwo:wech; misses: Fraser River, New Westminster), what will you do to improve this rate?
- One thing my daughter learned at a New Westminster school is that New West is one of the most haunted cities in Canada. I’ve asked this question before but that was an election and a half ago so I’m asking it again: who would be three people to join you as Ghostbusters?
- We all know that school space is at a premium, and buying new land for schools is expensive. Will you support the hostile takeover of City Hall to turn it into a new school?
Stay tuned for the answers!